Billerica (outside Boston)
Saturday, 19 November 2016
Saturday, 19 November 2016
Amphenol Advanced Sensors – Billerica, MA
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a successful, growing FORTUNE 500 COMPANY!
Amphenol Advanced Sensors, a leader in OEM sensors and sensor instrumentation seeks a Firmware Engineer for our Billerica, MA facility. Situated outside of Boston, Advanced Sensors is a new business unit within Amphenol that produces innovative sensing solutions for temperature, pressure, gas and moisture measurement applications.
- Conduct firmware development and support activities as part of the Validation New Product Introduction (NPI) team including:
- Designing firmware architecture and functional code to deliver defined system requirements
- Setting up and delivering firmware with high reliability and low (zero) bug count.
- Working with field application engineers to support the product with our customers in the field
- Establishing and implementing test cases for new firmware to ensure high levels of reliability
- Provide manufacturing/production support in firmware use and debugging
- Identifying areas for improvement and potential features for future incorporation
- Become an integral member of a dynamic team that delivers innovative solutions to our customers
Required Qualifications include:
- BS or MSc in Computer Science
- Ability to fluently speak and write in the English language
- Demonstrated ability to deliver firmware to time and specification
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 years Computer Science experience post degree
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with co-workers
- Six Sigma training and/or experience applying principles to process improvement and/or product development.
- Demonstrated ability to be agile and adaptable as situations warrant
Desired Qualifications include:
- Experience in working with Global teams in multiple time zones.
- Proficiency in C++, with 6-8 years of experience in hands on coding in C++.
- Proficiency Object oriented analysis and design skills (OOAD).
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, data structures and algorithms
- 3-5 years of experience in working with Visual Studio environment
- Good understanding of memory management, IO and proficiency in handling performance related issues
- 3-5 years of experience in implementing multi-threading, data concurrency, dynamic polymorphism
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in implementing TCP/IP and FTP protocols for data exchange.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing and debugging application in Win CE Operating system
- 3-5 years of experience in using Windows API
- 3-5 years of experience in designing scalable solutions and integrating new libraries to the solution.
- Proficiency in using Team Foundation Server for version control of code files.
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a competitive salary along with a benefit package of health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, life and 401k w/match.
Don’t let this great opportunity pass by - come join our team and apply today!
Amphenol Advanced Sensors is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Gender/Disabled/Veterans
Please submit resumes with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org